Venture Boldly into the Untamed Wilderness of the Strange Lands
Strange Lands Season Updates
Just like our adjustment to Lineage dragon production, going forward we’ll be reducing the number of new riders that we release each season to one, which will have a normal rider branch. Again, we’re doing this so players can focus on getting higher quality content instead of scrambling to acquire a bunch of stuff that they might never use. We noticed that of the many riders we offered every season, players would rarely pick one up, even more rarely, two. We want to give you a great rider with spells instead of "more of the same," that players have complained about in the past.
Here are some key changes:
- Atlas rider branch will still exist (because many players do not yet have all blue gem riders) but won’t contain a new rider; the Atlas season will get its own new branch that we’ll detail in a future blog post
- New Season Riders will now go to level 60; their power budget will be roughly in line with current cutting-edge riders and will include a new rider ability: a spell that occupies the consumable spell slot on any dragon they ride.
- Players can still put a consumable spell in this slot; it just over-writes the rider-granted spell
- Rider-granted spells obey all of the restricted spell combos (e.g. you can put a shield-granting rider on a dragon that already has a shield, but the rider-granted spell won’t be available because of restricted spell combo rules; the rider’s other benefits will apply to the dragon normally and the player can equip consumable spells under the usual rules) - there will be a visual in the game that will let you know what’s available to you, no memorization necessary.
We’re going to be bringing back some of our favorite riders in a new branch we’re adding to the main season called the Champion Rider Branch. We’ve taken some feedback we got from the Resurrection Dragons and applied those learnings here, mainly that: veteran players want to be rewarded for already having acquired this content! We’ve built in a mechanism to reward those of you that got these riders the first time around.
This branch works differently from other rider branches and requires some explanation.
- Each branch focuses on the riders from the past
- Includes 6 Season Keys and 2 Ascension Tokens!
- Each of those three riders will now have a max level of 60, rather than 50
- Yes, the level 60 rider is more powerful than the level 50 rider. However, modern level 50 riders are considerably more powerful than the level 50 riders from 3 years ago. These level 60 riders will gain another few skill nodes allowing them to be on par or slightly better with modern riders.
- How much of this branch you want to complete will depend on whether or not you have the old riders.
- New players can complete the entire branch and get enough currency to get one of these riders (your choice) from unowned to level 60.
- Veteran players who have one or more of these riders already can complete a third of the branch to get enough rider shards to go from 50 to 60.
- In the unusual case of already having one of the riders but not enough shards to max it at 50, just complete as much more of the branch as needed to get the shards you want.
- If the player has all three of the riders and wants to take all 3 to 60, completing the branch gives enough rider shards for each rider to do that.
Boosts, Branches, and Prize Updates
The Strange Lands season sees some major changes in how we operate Season structures, so let’s dig in.
The major branches will contain 6 season keys each, while the Mission Boost branch will contain 1 season key. The Festive Dragon branch will be a shorter branch with 3 season keys. 20 total keys are required to unlock your choice of either Mythic Dragon. Mythic Dragon branches will be available at no Sigil cost and all of the Dragon's evolution stones can be claimed for free once the branch is unlocked.
All major Dragon branches will have an upcoming Tier evolution stone available to evolve them to the highest current in-game Tier.
- This Season, the Legendary Dragon branches will require 37.5k Sigils to complete each line.
- The Base Boost and Electrum Tower branches will require at 37.0k total Sigils to complete, the Electrum Tower branch will also hold 6 Season Keys
- The Champion Riders branch (Week 3) will require 37.0k sigils and contain 6 season keys (20% resource boost for weeks 3,4)
Wave 1 will have all the regular Wave 1 content (except the Wave 1 Rider), however, we are also adding a Tower Branch to Wave 1. We’ve heard your suggestions that we should have the Tower Branch earlier in the season and with Fort being the first week of the new season, we are adding the Tower Branch to Wave 1. Discount Dragon and Base Boost will both be discounted at 50% off for the first two weeks similar to past seasons.
Wave 1.5 (Week 3) will have the Champion Rider branch, which we described above.
Wave 2 will have the Spell Rider Branch and the Resurrection Dragon Branch. There won’t be a Legendary Wave 2 dragon this season. We’ll discuss Wave 2 more in-depth during the Wave 2 blog post, so stay tuned!
Wave 3 will continue to have the Festive Dragon, so no worries. We’re really excited to share this season’s festive behemoth. Choo-choo. That’s all we’ll say for now.
Mythic Branches now include 3 optional improvements beyond the final evolution stone
We’re excited to announce some long-awaited features, namely new skins for dragons! Not only are we getting new skins for dragons, but making your Mythics more valuable by giving them unique power-ups. We really want you to bond with your Mythic dragon of choice and invest in their development - just like a good Dragon Rider takes care of their dragon.
This means a new currency called Ascension Tokens will be used to acquire new Mythic content. We know, we know - a new currency! Why!? Worry not, this currency is not one you’ll have to maintain from season to season and you’re unlikely to develop a stockpile of them at any time. They’re a limited time usage currency specifically for the current season’s mythics.
Here’s what’s in store for you:
- Powerful Exclusive Rune (exclusive to its parent Mythic)
- Mythic Dragon Reskin [for the 2 mythics]
- Powerful Exclusive Glyph (exclusive to its parent Mythic)
How new Mythic branches work: A dragon branch will allow players to get 6 season keys and will take their dragon to maximum legendary power at the end of the branch.
Each full branch will contain 2 Ascension Tokens (one midway through the branch and the other at the end of the branch), which will be used in mythic dragon branches to get additional exclusive rewards for the mythic dragon.
The new Mythic rewards will be in 3 steps:
- Powerful Exclusive Rune
- Mythic Dragon Reskin
- Powerful Exclusive Glyph
There will be enough Ascension Tokens to be able to get all the seasonal mythic rewards for both Mythic Dragons.
Each full branch will contain 2 Ascension Tokens and short branches (for e.g. festive branch) will contain 1 Ascension Token.
Ascension Tokens can also be found in some other alternate branches like limited-time branches (depending on the branch).