This limited-time-release will have the map in Atlas shuffled for a two-week period, after the time is up, the map will unshuffle back to its original position. Barring that there are no issues, the start and end dates the team is currently aiming for will be 11/05 - 11/18. If anything with the start or end date changes we’ll try to update everyone a week prior to the start date.
Please note that because of the event schedule, PvP shields will be up when the map is shuffled on 11/05 and will stay up until Monday 11/09. This will give all teams time to familiarize themselves with the new map and position their primarchs accordingly.
What will happen to my troops and Primarchs after the Land Shuffle?
Glad you asked! There are few things that will happen after the map gets shuffled.
- Primarchs that are on a castle that your team owns will be moved to the new castle positions.
- Primarchs on Safe Zone and No Man’s Land castles will be moved to a random castle in a similar zone
- Troops will stay on the Primarchs they are on.
- Any barrack troops will stay in barracks after the shuffle.
- Gold Mines go away
- Beast payouts will be adjusted to pay out at least as much as gold mines
- Beasts will no longer be limited to a certain number of beasts killed per region
How Does the Shuffle Work? Where Do My Team’s Castles Go?
- Castles are grouped first by team then by 5TA
- 5TAs are placed on the map from the center out, starting with the strongest 5TA. 5TAs are sorted based on the team power of the highest ranked team in 5TA
- Castles are grouped into clusters. Castle position in each cluster is random
- Beast level and element type are now controlled by castle not region
What happens after the map unshuffles?
Once the map is unshuffled all castles will go back to their current positions on the map. It is important to note that ownership will not go back after the unshuffle. If the castle was taken by another Guild they will still have ownership of the castle after the unshuffle.
Once the unshuffle is complete:
- All troops will be sent back to their barracks
- Primarchs will be unsummoned
- A credit of 3k diamonds will be given to all Atlas players to help instant summoning Primarchs
Why two weeks for the limited-release?
After hearing everyone’s feedback from the release of Mega Perches we wanted to proceed forward a bit more cautiously when it comes to changes that have high impact to the game. This resulted in limiting the first shuffle to a limited period of time so we can measure the effects of the shuffle and any important changes that need to be made to help support a future where Land Shuffle becomes a regular occurence in Atlas.
There’s also going to be a period where we’ll want to monitor lag from the heightened activity in Atlas as a result of the shuffle. This will be a good opportunity for us to have some time to put in fixes for any emergent issues around lag that come up while it’s running to better improve the experience in the future.
If there are any questions or concerns, please join us in the official discussion thread here.