My "Defense Power" suddenly gone down
When you notice that your defense power went down than what you remember, always remember that this is intended due to the following reasons:
- Moving your tower from one island to another
- When you move a tower to a location that is providing less buff than it originally was, then their defense power will be adjusted hence your overall defense power will also be adjusted. Their defense power will not stick to the highest value if their 50% ATK / HP buff was replaced with 20% ATK / HP. Placing your tower back to your storage also reduce your defense power since it's not on your base anymore.
- Bonding your dragon rider to another dragon while forgetting it was assigned to a perch
- Once you bond a rider that is currently assigned to a perch to another dragon that you planned to assign to that perch, do remember that defense power drop is intended to happen since losing 50% ATK / HP buff that your towers are receiving will have their defense power adjusted.
- Placing a dragon on a perch while it is still bonding (which you forgot to expedite)
- If you bond a dragon rider to a dragon then immediately place it on the perch, the buff will not apply since technically it's not yet operational. To fix this, you will have to unassign the dragon and then place it back once you know that the rider bonding is already completed or have confirmed that you have expedited it.
- Expired Monument Boost
- If you noticed a large defense power drop, then an expiration of your monument can be one of them especially when you boosted all monuments. Do try to boost them every few days to keep your defense power updated since boosting it forces the game to update your defense power to the correct value.
- Expired Seasonal Boost
- Every season, your base boost will expire as intended so you are intended to lose a lot of defense power since that 22% ATK / HP is applied to every single tower on your base. Make sure to get the base boost when you need it or its part of your seasonal planner.
- Runes / Glyph being removed or replaced
- Runes and Glyph boost a tower's defense power by a certain % based on their rarity even if they are not actually improving a tower. If you replace a mythic rune to a legendary rune, then always expect a deduction in your defense power. If you place a tower to a different island where the amount of common ~ mythic is different, then a change in defense power can be seen even without getting any actual stat boost.
So if you suddenly notice a drop or different defense power, remember to do the following:
- Boost all monument that you are currently using
- Remove the perch dragon on the perch building and place it back
- Remember if you recently swap any tower placement from one island to another
- Check Rider Gear if they are the same as before
- Check if Rider is on the correct perch (the highest buff rider might be boosting your low level towers instead of your main towers)
I upgraded a lot of towers yet my defense power is still the same or only a few was added
Upgrading a tower from X > Y does not mean that a lot of defense power will be added especially once you are in the billions. Your towers are getting stronger, but their defense power value only increases a little bit. Here's an example:
Level 95 Dark Flak - 60,258,401 Base Defense Power
Level 96 Dark Flak - 61,495,135 (+1,236,734) Base Defense Power
Level 97 Dark Flak - 62,743,456 (+1,248,321) Base Defense Power
Level 98 Dark Flak - 64,003,362 (+1,259,906) Base Defense Power
Level 99 Dark Flak - 65,274,854 (+1,271,492) Base Defense Power
Level 100 Dark Flak - 66,557,933 (+1,283,079) Base Defense Power
As you can see from the above example, upgrading a level 95 dark flak by 5 levels only increases its defense power by a total of 6,299,532 Base Defense Power. If you add all the buffs that it could receive, that's not much of an increase to your overall defense power especially when you add your other actions like moving other towers from one place to another which also affects your overall defense power.
Always remember that whatever actions you are doing to your base, it will either increase or decrease your defense power. It will not display the highest it has attained, but adds the defense power of everything that is on your base so changes are intended to happen.
Lastly, always boost any of your monument if you think that you are not seeing the correct numbers. As stated above, boosting your monument forces the game to update your defense power to the correct value. By correct value, we mean based on the buffs that they are currently receiving.