Greetings Dragon Lords! Version 5.19 of War Dragons contains a number of quality-of-life features and changes to game balance and Atlas Glory. As usual, there are also numerous bug fixes with this update as well. Read on to find out more!
- Dragon name is displayed now with the dragon’s egg tile when viewed in the incubator.
- War contributions can once again be accessed under the “More Settings” button in Settings.
- Updates to the audio engine.
Building Upgrade Indicators
- Buildings that are ready to be upgraded will now display a small green arrow in the base view.
- This feature can be toggled off in the Settings menu.
- Added a new UI that lets you check what items and currencies you have. This can be accessed from the button in the top-right corner of the Store page.
- You can filter for specific item types.
- Tapping on an item gives a description of the item.
These Atlas updates are the final steps of the Wave 1 changes discussed in the Atlas February 2020 Update Thread 17. Next week we’ll post an update about what’s planned for Wave 2.
Conquer Mechanics Update
Conquering will now be allowed once ALL of the following are true:
- Zero castle guards remain
- You have a primarch at the castle that contains more troops than all of the defending troops present. Defending troops mean troops on any primarch that belongs to a team in the alliance which owns the castle.
- The Defending owner has less than 50k troops present. This refers to the owning team, not the 5-team Alliance (5TA).
If something is preventing you from conquering a castle, a message will be displayed explaining why you’re not able to conquer the castle.
“Sticky” Team Glory
The team glory scaling factor is now based on the HIGHEST ranked team you were on in the last 30 days.
- Previously, there were teams in Atlas that were used by players to artificially deflate their team glory scaling factor before attacking others. We felt this was degenerate gameplay and this change serves to prevent it. Dropping to a lower ranked team will no longer benefit your glory earnings.
When attacking Taunters that are not at a NML or a castle owned by its team, the player’s level is not considered in the attack.
- This change is meant to address the spamming of low-level Taunters to dissuade attacks.
- Fixed an issue where accessing the base skin UI would incorrectly show an animated portrait if the portrait UI was accessed beforehand.
- Fixed an issue where the “Complete for Free" button is incorrectly displayed when the player taps on gear for collection after completing the crafting process.
- Fixed an issue where a “Craft” button is displayed instead of an “Okay” button when the player taps on it after completing the crafting process.
- Fixed an intrusive issue where the message telling you that you were removed from a chat group would appear anytime, even if you were in battle.
- Fixed an issue where animated portraits were not properly fitted in the profile UI.
- Fixed missing “speed trails” on dragons’ wings when turning and flying in battle.
- Fixed buggy wing animations for certain dragons in Dungeon map.
- Fixed an issue where the dragon disappears and leaves the screen when casting Self Destruct instead of colliding with a tower in a blaze of glory.
- Fixed a bug where the War Cry visual effects were not visible from the defender’s point of view in battle.
- Fixed a bug with Feign Diplomacy where the visual effects would improperly persist on the dragon after the spell ends.
- Fixed an issue where Crumble to Dust would not destroy a tower if a defense hammer was timed just right. This spell should always destroy the tower on second cast.
- Fixed a bug where free-targeting consumable spells like Death Gaze and Lockdown couldn’t be used after casting an ammo reload spell like Deflecting Gale or Rapid Cooling.
- Fixed a bug where Invincibility Shield’s visual effects would incorrectly persist when swapping dragons in PvP.
- [Android] Fixed illegible text that is displayed when the user views the description of the Rampage spell in Profile HUD and Attack Preview Screen.
Performance & Crashes
- Fixed a memory leak crash that could occur during Breeding Events.
- Fixed an asset-related bug.
- Fixed a rare issue where tapping on a castle in Atlas with no Primarch selected would cause a crash.
- Fixed an unexpected warning message received when reaching level 12.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when viewing mail.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when tapping the Heal button after adding a new dragon to the roster.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leveling up rider gear.
- Fixed a stuck-on-loading issue when trying to view the event page.