- 5:59pm PT - PX starts receiving reports of issues with defense power/towers being abnormally strong
- 6:05pm PT - Engineers and QA begin investigating issue
- 6:50pm PT - Issue is identified as a problem with the rider gear update ticket; initial investigation into whether DCON is serving correct CSVs begins
- 8:04pm PT - Initial CSV tweak made to try and override cached values in RiderGear; tested on dev server, does not work.
- 8:27pm PT - CSV tweak proposed to disable riders / rider gear; testing begins on this tweak; mapreduce to correct cached values proposed as long term solution. Server firefighter contacted.
- 12:30am PT - Decision is made to enable rider CSV tweak to mitigate issue, run mapreduce in the morning once the whole mapreduce checklist can be followed.
- 1:45am PT - Engineers and QA releases a temporary fix in which players can remove and re-perch their dragons. However, to make sure everyone is reset, riders will be temporarily turned off riders until the team fixes the caching issue that's causing this. The team will resume work on the permanent fix during office hours (Pacific Time) later today.
- 10:00am PT - Team continues investigation and testing for permanent fix.
- 2:38pm PT - Team continues investigation and tests, and an in-game mail is sent to elt palyers know that the event is running late. The team decides to start the event once the fix has been released.
- 4:45pm PT - Starting mapreduce job/fix to resolve DP calculation issues. Estimated time for fix to complete is 60-90 mins.
- .7:00pm PT - The mapreduce job that contains the fix for DP and rider issues is complete and has been released. In addition the team blocks version 5.14 (forcing all users to update to version 5.15), and goes live with the Fortification Frenzy event. The team is aware that some bases might not be fixed (some players might still have a high DP for their base). The team agrees to address these bases during office hours on Thursday the 20th. In addition, the team will be looking into reports of Rider buffs not being applied
- 11:00am PT - The team resumes work on fixing the remaining bases that have incorrect DPs and rider issues.
- 11:30am PT - The team begins discussion surrounding compensation for all affected players, players affected during Atlas event, and delay of the Fortification Frenzy.
- 2:35pm PT - The team's fix for the remaining bases that have incorrect DPs and rider issues has been deployed.
- 3:07pm PT - The team's fix for the remaining bases that have incorrect DPs and rider issues has been concluded. All player bases should be correct now. PX begins following up with players to confirm.
- We have adjusted bases with broken Defense Power numbers.