Glory Calculation Factors
The amount of Glory earned from battle directly depends on four factors:
- Number of enemy Troops killed
- Enemy Troops killed earn 0.75 points of Glory each.
- This determines your maximum possible Glory earned.
- Number of your own Troops killed
- Your Troops that die in combat earn no (0) Glory, BUT cap the maximum amount of Glory you can earn in the battle at 1.5x of your Troops that are killed.
- Player level difference
The closer you are in levels to your opponent, the better the amount of Glory you can earn becomes. Fighting players on equal footing as you is ideal!
Here are a few examples in the chart below.
For example, if you are level 100:
- Someone level 85 and above would grant 100% of the possible Glory from an attack that kills Troops
- Someone Level 40 or below would grant 0% of the possible Glory from an attack.
- Someone between level 40 and 85 grants between 1 and 99% of the possible Glory from an attack. (A level 62 opponent would grant 50% of the possible Glory)
- Team Power rating difference
Your Team's Power rating is factored into the amount of Glory earned from an attack. If your team's Team Power rating is much higher than the opponent's, then you will earn less Glory for such an attack. Your team's Team Power is determined by the sum total of each member’s highest-level dragon attack power divided by 1,000:
Team Power = sumForAllMembers (highestDragonBaseAttackPower) / 1000
"Sticky" Team Rank is also in effect. Your Team Power is based on the highest ranked team you were on for the past 14 days. This prevents temporary team hopping in order to create an artificially lower Team Power rating.
* Team Power is not factored into for Glory scaling in No Man’s Lands.
Fighting at Home
Version 4.16 Update - https://forums.wardragons.com/t/version-4-16-release-notes/43588/4
Glory earned for killing Troops at a castle your team owns is always 100% if your team has owned that castle for more than 24 hours. If not, it will follow the regular glory scaling which is based on level and team power rating difference.
If you are attacking a level 4 and 5 Castle, the glory payout will always be 100% regardless of how far the level and team power difference is between the attacker and defender.
Fighting In Enemy Territory
If you’re attacking on an enemy’s castle, the team power rating of the player whose Primarch you are attacking will be used for Glory scaling unless it is less than the team power rating of the team that owns the castle, in which case the team power rating of the team that owns the castle will be used.
Putting It All Together
Let's put it all together to figure out how Glory is calculated for a PvP battle!
- Figure out maximum possible Glory earned by taking 75% of number of enemy Troops killed
- Figure out the capped Glory amount by taking 150% of number of your own Troops killed.
- If the capped amount in #1 is smaller than the maximum amount in #2, then that's how much base Glory you earn because it's capped.
If the capped amount in #1 is larger than the maximum amount in #2, then you earn the maximum amount.
- But wait! There's More!
Level and team power will modify the Glory we found above.
Your total scaled Glory is the average of your Level component and your team power component.
For example, if your level component is 100% Glory, but your team power is 70%, then the total scaled Glory earned will be 85%––right in the middle of the two.
The Total Glory Earned formula
TOTAL GLORY EARNED = MIN[(Enemy Troops Killed * 0.75), (Your Troops Killed * 1.50)] * (Level component + team power component) / 2
* MIN means the smaller of the two numbers.
You, a level 100 player, attack a level 52 enemy on a team of similar team power rating, losing 500 of your own Troops, but killing 1,500 of the defender's.
MIN[(1500 * 0.75), (500 * 1.50)] = 750 base Glory earned
AVG(0.50 Level component, 1.00 team power component) = 0.50
0.50 * 750 base Glory = +375 Glory Earned
Let's try being on Defense!
You, a level 100 player, are attacked by a level 300 player on a team with higher team power than yours, losing 3,000 Troops, and killing off 500 of the Attacker's army.
MIN[(500 * 0.75), (3000 * 1.50)] = 375 base Glory earned
AVG(1.00 Level component, 1.00 team power component) = 1.00
1.00 * 375 base Glory = +375 Glory Earned
Update: Since Update 5.18, glory for a successful defense has been increased to at least 10% of the glory the attacker would have won. This is in addition to any glory the defender would have ordinarily earned. This scales up to 50% of the attacker’s possible glory if the attacker destroys 0% of the base. This amount is after troop/flame, team power, and level calculations.