Castle Shields are indicated by a purple-ish dome on the Castle:
What does a shield do?
- While Shielded, players on the Castle cannot be attacked. It behaves like a Neutral castle for the duration.
What happens to Blockades when Shields activate?
- Blockades are disabled when a Shield is active, and vice-versa. Event Shields will also disable Blockades.
What activates a castles shield?
Castle shields are activated for when a Castle's team owners suffer major Troops losses over a short period of time. This threshold begins at 50,000 Troops for a level 1 Fort and the requirements go UP 10,000 Troops per level. A constructed Fort of at least level 1 is required for non-Event Shields to trigger. There is a cooldown in between trigger actions (more on this below).
What's an "Event Shield"?
- Event Shields activate on ALL castles during major PvP events in the main War Dragons game, regardless of whether or not the castle has a Fort constructed. This is to prevent PvP in Atlas so players can focus on PvP in the main game.
A shield has three modes or "states" it can be in:
This means the Shield is up and blocking attacks. The purple dome one the castle will be seen on the map. A shield is becomes "triggered" when: a) Event Shields go up or b) the Troop Loss Threshold determined by the Fort level is met.
This means that the Shield is ready to be Triggered. This is the normal state of a Castle's shield, and in this state it may or may not mean the purple dome is seen on the castle.
This means that the Shield cannot be Triggered, and is not active. The purple dome indicating the Shield is up will NEVER go up in a deactivated castle shield state.
Disabling the Castle Shield
Sometimes when battling other teams, your castle's Shield may Trigger, but your team has the firepower to push the remaining attackers off the castle. In this case your Team's Leader, Officers, or Marshal has the option to manually Disable the castle's shield and flip it to a "Deactivated" state so that you can attack enemies on the castle. Keep in mind that this WILL put the shield on cooldown and leave the castle vulnerable to further attacks.
Anytime that the castle shield goes comes out of a Triggered state, it will go on a cooldown in which it cannot be Triggered again. This includes:
- When the shield is triggered from major troop losses, and the 24-hour period in which the shield is up has passed.
- When the shield is manually disabled.
|Region Level||Shield Duration||Shield Cooldown||Proportion of Castles|
|2||24 hrs||3 hrs||63%|
|3||12 hrs||6 hrs||26%|
|4||8 hrs||9 hrs||9%|
|5||6 hrs||12 hrs||2%|