The world of Atlas is made up of Regions that contain Castles, and their Infrastructure, connected by Chokepoints.
Region - a collection of Castles in a contiguous geographic space. Armies can move point-to-point anywhere in a region almost instantly, but cross-region travel through chokepoints takes a few minutes. Region levels are indicated by chevrons for levels 1-4 and a star for level 5.
Castle - the nodes in each region that players can conquer by moving, stationing, and fighting with their Primarchs.
- The castle normally refers to the collection of usually team-ownable buildings present in every Region. These sub-buildings include the HQ, Bank, Fort, Tower, and Refinery.
- Castles are the team-ownable nodes on the map. Exceptions are castles in the Safe Zones (neutral areas with level 1 castles that don’t contain Infrastructure) and No Man’s Lands (red PvP areas) whose castles cannot be conquered.
- Usually 2-5 per Region.
Castles themselves have an associated level that determines the highest level their Fort and Refinery can be upgraded to, with the exception of castles in Neutral or No Man's Lands*. This max level is ([Castle level] - 1) * 3. For example, a level 2 Castle's Infrastructure can be upgraded to level 3, and a level 4 castle's Infrastructure can be upgraded to level 9.
CASTLE LEVEL MAX FORT AND REFINERY LEVEL 1 0 (Neutral) 2 3 3 6 4 9 5 12
Chokepoint - a connector for travel between two different Regions.
- Visualized as a road which connects two Castles.
- You can fly freely to any team-owned, allied, neutral, or NML castle.
- You cannot fly directly to a hostile or contested castle. Instead, you will need to fly to an adjacent castle wit ha road that connects to your destination castle.
Each conquerable Castle contains 5 different buildings that each grant different buffs to your team when built. There are also a number of other Actions that can be performed from each Infrastructure building, usually by the role holder, but also by the Governor who has access to all Infrastructure functions. Roles are assigned by the Governor or Team Leader.
The 5 buildings available to your team are:
Please click on the link of each building to be taken to their article.