The world of Atlas is made up of Regions that contain Castles connected by Chokepoints:
Region - a collection of Castles in a contiguous geographic space. Armies can move point-to-point anywhere in a region almost instantly, but cross-region travel through chokepoints takes a few minutes.
Castle - the nodes in each region that players can conquer by moving, stationing, and fighting with their Primarchs.
- The castle normally refers to the collection of usually team-ownable buildings present in every Region. These sub-buildings include the HQ, Fort, Tower, Bank and Refinery.
- Castles are the team-ownable nodes on the map. Exceptions are castles in the Safe Zones (neutral areas with level 1 castles that don’t contain Infrastructure) and No Man’s Lands (red PvP areas) whose castles cannot be conquered.
- Usually 2-5 per Region
Chokepoint - a connector for travel between two different Regions.
- Visualized as a road which connects two Castles.
- Chokepoints are the only means to travel from one region to another.
- Travel through a Chokepoint takes more time than traveling within a Region.
Each conquerable Castle contains 5 different buildings that each grant different buffs to your team when built. There are also a number of other Actions that can be performed from each Infrastructure building, usually by the role holder, but also by the Governor who has access to all Infrastructure functions. Roles are assigned by the Governor or Team Leader.
- Controlled by the Castle's Governor.
* Be Warned: The Governor controls the castle, so if they change teams, they take ownership of that castle with them!
- Increases the XP your team gets from attacking Gold Mines based on HQs owned and their combined level, up to a maximum of 50%.
- Leveling up your HQs increases the amount of bonus XP
- Up to 20 HQs will provide a buff to your bonus XP
- Generally, leveling up the HQ provides a larger bonus than conquering an additional castle
- Pay Castle Upkeep - Your buildings will ALL shut down for three days unless it is paid before upkeep is due.
- Rename Castle - Pay Gold to rename your Castle. Cost increases if done too frequently.
- Set up Infrastructure from a previously conquered Castle (more on this below).
- Increases the Gold your team gets from attacking Gold Mines based on Banks owned and their combined level, up to a maximum of 100%.
- Leveling up your Bank increases the amount of bonus Gold
- Up to 20 Banks will provide a buff to your bonus Gold
- Generally, leveling up the Bank provides a larger bonus than conquering an additional castle
- Set Tax Rate - Teammates are taxed an amount of their Gold earned from attacking Gold Mines or Poachers. This goes into the Castle's Bank Vault. Tax rate is set by the Banker or the Governor, and the taxes themselves get deposited to whichever castle you have set as your "Home".
- View Ledger - A log of all ingoing and outgoing RSS transfers from the Bank including Food, Lumber, and Gold.
- Send Resources to a Teammate (Banker Only) - Distribute RSS from the Bank to other teammates for whatever purpose.
- Transfers take 20 minutes to arrive.
- Each transfer is capped to 10% of the Bank's maximum capacity for that RSS type.
- Send Resources to this Bank - Donate RSS to this Bank
- Each donation is capped to 15% of your Storage Hut's maximum capacity for that RSS type.
- RSS Transfers from a Bank are delayed if an enemy Primarch is present at the location of the Bank until the Primarch leaves or is destroyed.
- Reduces the amount of time it takes your team to Train Troops up to a maximum of -50%. Only the Tower Infrastructure's level directly affects this bonus, and requires multiple castles to reach the full -50%.
- Up to 20 Towers will provide a buff to your Troop training time
- Generally, leveling up the Tower provides a larger bonus than conquering an additional castle
- The Scholar or Governor can construct a Portal at the Tower which can be used to transport teammates' Primarchs to another friendly Castle.
- The number of total Troops that can travel through a Portal is 150,000 * Tower Level.
- The Scholar or Governor can use this targeted ability to temporarily reduce the level of towers on an enemy player's base by selecting the enemy player's Primarch.
- The Tower’s Enfeeble debuff lasts 630 seconds (10.5 minutes), with a 600-second (10-minute) cooldown in between uses, so a maximum of two enemies can be debuffed at any given time, but only with 30 seconds of overlap.
- With a level 1 Infrastructure Tower, the debuff is -8% base tower levels.
- Each additional Infrastructure Tower level increases the effect of the debuff by -3%.
- Example: With a level 4 Infrastructure Tower, an Enfeebled enemy’s level 20 towers become level 16 towers.
|Tower Level||Debuff to Enemy Base Towers|
- The Fort is an extremely important defensive infrastructure building to have on your castle.
- Increases the amount of Breeding Tokens earned from the daily tribute based on the number of castles your team owns and total Fort levels.
- Shows the total number of Troops your team has stationed here in the Garrison.
- Enables the functionality of Shields and Blockades – a Fort MUST be constructed for these to function.
- Shields - These are indicated by a purple-ish dome on the Castle.
Castle shields are activated for 24 hours when a Castle's team owners suffer major Troops losses over a short period of time. 3-hour cooldown in between activations. This threshold begins at 50,000 Troops for a level 1 Fort and goes UP 10,000 per level due to combat bonus (See below).
- While Shielded, players on the Castle cannot be attacked. It behaves like a Neutral castle for the duration.
- When Shields activate, Blockades are disabled. Event Shields will also disable Blockades.
- The only exception to "Shields require a constructed Fort" are PvP Event Shields, which activate on ALL castles during major PvP events in the main War Dragons game, regardless of whether or not the castle has a Fort constructed.
- Blockades are indicated by a big red ring around the castle.
Blockades can be toggled on and off by the Marshal and Governor. Blockades will delay any enemy Primarchs that pass through the Castle for a minimum of 4 hours, increasing by 30 minutes per Fort level up to a maximum of 12 hours.
- Shields - These are indicated by a purple-ish dome on the Castle.
- Safe Passage can be granted to other teams by the Marshal. Safe Passage allows up to three teams to pass through the Castle without being delayed by the Blockade.
- Grants a Fort Combat Bonus that increases by +20 per Fort level. This bonus is added onto your Primarch's ATK or DEF rating when fighting at your Home castle (See Atlas PvP Combat Overview FAQ for details).
- When attacked, the Fort's Castle Guards are defended by:
- The Marshal's base IF the castle is level 4 or above.
- An NPC/AI base IF there is no Marshal assigned OR the castle is level 3 or below.
Fort Level AI Base's Tower Levels 1 23 2 26 3 29 4 32 5 35 6 38 7 41 8 44 9 47 10 50 11 53 12 56
- Increases the amount of crafting materials your team earns from Events and attacking Poachers based on refineries owned and their combined levels, up to a maximum of 1000%.
- Leveling up your Refineries increases the amount of bonus crafting materials
- Up to 20 Refineries will provide a buff to your bonus crafting materials
- Generally, leveling up the Refinery provides a larger bonus than conquering an additional castle
- The refinery bonus is element-specific, meaning you'll need different castles to earn bonuses for all element types, unless you own a castle in a high-level region that provides a bonus to all crafting materials.
- Currently the Foreman has no active actions to perform.
Castles themselves have an associated level that determines the highest level their infrastructure can be upgraded to, with the exception of castles in Neutral or No Man's Lands*. This max level is ([Castle level] - 1) * 3. For example, a level 2 Castle's Infrastructure can be upgraded to level 3, and a level 4 castle's Infrastructure can be upgraded to level 9.
|CASTLE LEVEL||MAX INFRASTRUCTURE LEVEL|
* With update v4.16, the Bank and Tower infrastructure buildings are no longer capped by castle level. In other words: Banks and Towers on any ownable castle can be upgraded to level 12, provided your team has the resources to do so.
CONQUEST OF CASTLES
Taking over a castle requires destruction of all enemy Primarchs on that castle. At which point, a new option will appear when tapping on the castle that says "Conquer" which will grant ownership of the castle over to your team.
Once the castle is conquered, the Team Leader or Officers will have the opportunity to place default Infrastructure onto the castle (0 HQ/0 Bank/0 Fort/0 Tower/0 Refinery) or "Set up Infrastructure from Storage" from a previously lost/conquered castle.
When a castle you team owns is conquered, a couple things happen:
- 10% of the total Infrastructure levels on the castle (rounded up) is lost. For example, if your Infrastructure is 3/2/2/1/1, one building will be selected at random and lose one level.
- If after the level has been deducted, and at least one Infrastructure building still has a positive level, it will go into the team's Infrastructure Storage (found in the Bank tab). This stored Infrastructure can be placed on any new castles you conquer to replace the default Infrastructure 0/0/0/0/0.