Glory is the equivalent of experience (XP) in Atlas, and is represented by a medal icon with a "G" in it. In order to earn Glory:
- You must engage in PvP battle in Atlas. This means against another player's Primarch while using your Primarch.
- Troops must be killed in this battle.
The Glory amount earned in each battle is separate for Primarchs, Riders, and your team. In other words, if a battle earns 1,000 Glory:
- The Primarch earns 1,000 Glory.
- Each Rider earns 1,000 Glory / # of eligible Riders.
- Your team earns 0.7 Team Glory.
- The Lead Attacker or Defender's Primarch whose Troops were killed will earn Glory––backers do NOT earn Glory because the Troops that are killed do not belong to the backers.
- If your Garrisoned Troops are killed, Glory defaults to the last Primarch you trained.
Dragon Rider Glory
- For a Dragon Rider to earn Glory on Attack, the dragon to which it is bonded must be used in the attack.
- For a Dragon Rider to earn Glory on Defense, the to which it is bonded must be assigned to a Dragon Perch.
- Team Glory is used for hiring castle guards.
The amount of Glory earned from battle directly depends on four factors:
- Number of enemy Troops killed
- Enemy Troops killed earn 0.75 points of Glory each.
- This determines your maximum possible Glory earned.
- Number of your own Troops killed
- Your Troops that die in combat earn no (0) Glory, BUT cap the maximum amount of Glory you can earn in the battle at 1.5x of your Troops that are killed.
- Player level difference
The closer you are in levels to your opponent, the better the amount of Glory you can earn becomes. Fighting players on equal footing as you is ideal!
Here are a few examples in the chart below.
Opponent Level for 100% Glory
Opponent Level for 50% Glory
Opponent Level for 0% Glory
350 or more
240 or less
350 or more
200 or less
340 or more
160 or less
255 or more
120 or less
213 or more
100 or less
170 or more
80 or less
128 or more
60 or less
85 or more
40 or less
43 or more
20 or less
For example, if you are level 100:
- Someone level 85 and above would grant 100% of the possible Glory from an attack that kills Troops
- Someone Level 20 or below would grant 0% of the possible Glory from an attack.
- Someone between level 20 and 85 grants between 1 and 99% of the possible Glory from an attack.
- A level 32 opponent would grant 50% of the possible Glory.
- Team Influence rating difference
Your Team's Influence ranking also impacts the Amount of Glory earned from an attack. If your team's Influence ranking is much higher than the opponent's, then you will earn less Glory for such an attack. Your team's Influence is determined by the total number of castles your team owns (weighted by castle level, not infrastructure levels) and Troops your team owns (not Castle Guards or Troops waiting to be revived).
* Team Influence is not factored into for Glory scaling in No Man’s Lands.
Fighting at Home
If you are on a castle that has been owned by your team for more than 24 hours, the amount of Glory you earn is always 100%. However, if this is not the case, then Glory is further modified based the player levels of the combatants involved–the more evenly-matched you are, the better the Glory amount.
Fighting In Enemy Territory
If you’re attacking on an enemy’s castle, the Influence rating of the player whose Primarch you are attacking will be used for Glory scaling unless it is less than the Influence rating of the team that owns the castle, in which case the Influence rating of the team that owns the castle will be used.
Putting It All Together
Let's put it all together to figure out how Glory is calculated for a PvP battle!
- Figure out maximum possible Glory earned by taking 75% of number of enemy Troops killed
- Figure out the capped Glory amount by taking 150% of number of your own Troops killed.
- If the capped amount in #1 is smaller than the maximum amount in #2, then that's how much base Glory you earn because it's capped.
If the capped amount in #1 is larger than the maximum amount in #2, then you earn the maximum amount.
- But wait! There's More!
Level and influence will modify the Glory we found above.
Your total scaled Glory is the average of your Level component and your Influence component.
For example, if your level component is 100% Glory, but your Influence is 70%, then the total scaled Glory earned will be 85%––right in the middle of the two.
The Total Glory Earned formula is as follows:
TOTAL GLORY EARNED = MIN[(Enemy Troops Killed * 0.75), (Your Troops Killed * 1.50)] * (Level component + Influence component) / 2
* MIN means the smaller of the two numbers.
You, a level 100 player, attack a level 52 enemy on a team of similar Influence rating, losing 500 of your own Troops, but killing 1,500 of the defender's.
MIN[(1500 * 0.75), (500 * 1.50)] = 750 base Glory earned
AVG(0.50 Level component, 1.00 Influence component) = 0.50
0.50 * 750 base Glory = +375 Glory Earned
Let's try being on Defense!
You, a level 100 player, are attacked by a level 300 player on a team with higher Influence than yours, losing 3,000 Troops, and killing off 500 of the Attacker's army.
MIN[(500 * 0.75), (3000 * 1.50)] = 375 base Glory earned
AVG(1.00 Level component, 1.00 Influence component) = 1.00
1.00 * 375 base Glory = +375 Glory Earned