Troops are the basic unit of army strength in Atlas. You can think of them as "Hit Points" or HP on your Primarch. Any Troops claimed from the Training menu will go into your Barracks by default unless you have your Primarch stationed there, in which case it will be added to the Primarch there that you last trained.
- Each Troop costs 1,000 Gold, 10 Farmers, and ~50 seconds to train.
- Farmers (a.k.a. "Hats" generate at a rate of 1,440/hour up to a cap of 8,000).
- "Bullhorn" items exist that can instantly call 4,000 Farmers to your reserves to allow for more Troops to be trained. These are usually found in the Atlas Bazaar or from Value Packs.
- Bullhorns behave like Energy Packs, the more you use in a short period of time, the less-effective they will be and grant fewer Farmers. Once you have Trained over 3 days of Troops in 24 hours (roughly 10,368 Troops), the number of Farmers gained from a single Bullhorn will begin to diminish. At ~20,000 in 24 hours, a Bullhorn is only 75% effective, and at 72,000 it will only be 50% effective.
When you engage in combat with another player's Primarch, NOT all of your Troops are permanently killed! A portion of Troops lost in the battle are recovered as Revivable Troops that can be brought back for much less Gold, Farmers, and Time to help you get back into fighting shape much more quickly.
- Each Revivable Troop costs only 233 Gold, 2 Farmers, and ~12 seconds to revive.
- The cap for revivable troops you can have in reserve starts off at 25,000 and increases based on your level.
- As either the Attacker OR Defender, a minimum of 2/3 of your Troops killed become Revivable Troops. This amount can increase up to 100% based on the kill ratio of the Attack or the Defense (which is how many Troops were lost on one side compared to the other).
TWO KINDS OF TROOPS
Atlas Troops reworked into Offensive and Defensive Troops: you will no longer need to choose between using your Troops for attacking or using them to defend a position.
Upon April 10th, 1 point of Team Glory will be granted for every living Troop the team owns, and Event Shields will be active for teams to hire Castle Guards for their castles.
- Personal Troops (Offensive) are used only for attacking other players and are no longer attached to any Castle.
- When trained, these Troops will still be automatically loaded onto any Primarchs you have stationed at your Home castle.
- Troops in excess of your total Primarch Troop capacity are placed in your barracks so that you may add them to a Primarch at any friendly/allied/neutral castle later on.
- You can view how many overall reserved Troops you have at the “Barracks” infrastructure building in the castle.
- Troops in your Inventory cannot be attacked.
- Troops on your Primarch cannot be returned to your barracks once loaded onto a Primarch.
- Castle Guards (Defensive) are summoned to a castle’s Fort solely to defend against attacks.
- Once summoned at a castle, these are permanently attached to that castle and cannot be moved or transferred in any way.
- Your team earns 1 point of Team Glory for each point of personal glory you earn (like medals).
- Team Glory is used by the Fort’s Marshal to hire more Castle Guards.
- Team Glory is still earned even if your team does not currently own a contestable castle.
- When attacked, the Fort's Castle Guards are defended by:
- The Marshal's base IF the castle is level 4 or above.
- An NPC/AI base IF there is no Marshal assigned OR the castle is level 3 or below.
Fort Level AI Base's Tower Levels 1 23 2 26 3 29 4 32 5 35 6 38 7 41 8 44 9 47 10 50 11 53 12 56
TROOPS AND CASTLE UPKEEP
If your castle's Upkeep is unpaid, then all the Castle Guards disappear! Don't let this happen!
Can I donate Troops to enemy players?
No. Troops can only be donated to teammates, and up to a limited amounter per 24 hours.
What happens to troops when you change teams?
Troops in Atlas will stay where they are when a player changes Teams. While the player retains ownership of the Troops, their team affiliation will change along with that of the player. This means: if those troops are still sitting on the previous Team's castle, they can be attacked. It's highly recommended for anyone who intends to change teams to move all their Troops to a neutral territory before doing so.
Is there a way to "steal" Troops from other players?
Currently, there is not.