Terms contained here may change between updates, so please let us know if you see something that does not quite match what is in-game!
Alliance - A group of up to 5 teams that are unified in Atlas so that they are not hostile to each other and can potentially help with each other's interests.
Army - a Primarch and its Troops.
Bank - one of the upgradeable sub-buildings in a Castle.
- Stores & transfers resources. Resources cannot be transferred out of the bank if an enemy Army is at the castle (transfers are paused in this case). Transfers are canceled if an enemy takes over a castle.
- Taxes are collected to the Bank that is set as your Home.
- Tracks transaction history in the Ledger.
- Increases how much gold is rewarded from gold mine and poacher attacks.
- A Banker can be appointed to operate a bank’s functions.
Banker - can set the tax rates and distribute team resources
Bazaar - Also called the Atlas Bazaar, this menu allows you to select a card with valuable items in exchange for Keystones.
- The first pick every 24 hours is free. Any additional draws will cost increasingly more Keystones.
- You will be shown all the possible things up for grabs before shuffling the deck. Take note of what you’re shooting for beforehand!
Blockade - Represented by a big red ring around a castle, and requires at least a level 1 Fort to function. A castle’s Blockade can prevent enemy Primarchs from freely moving past them. They delay enemy Primarchs for some amount of time based on the Fort's level. Once trapped in a Blockade, a Primarch can only be freed by conquering the castle, triggering the shield of the enemy castle, or simply waiting out the timer. Safe Passage can be granted to friendly teams so that Blockades won't affect them.
Bullhorns - These items are worth 4,000 additional more farmers (hats) to help train Troops. Since Farmers accumulate like energy, using too many of these to build Troops in a short period of time (24 hours) will result in each Bullhorn granting fewer and fewer Farmers.
Castle - the nodes in each region that players can conquer by moving, stationing, and fighting with their Primarchs.
- The castle normally refers to the collection of usually team-ownable buildings present in every Region. These sub-buildings include the HQ, Fort, Tower, Bank and Refinery.
- Castles are the team-ownable nodes on the map. Exceptions are castles in the Safe Zones (neutral areas with level 1 castles that don’t contain Infrastructure) and No Man’s Lands (red PvP areas) whose castles cannot be conquered.
- Usually 2-5 per Region
Castle Guards - Defensive Troops that are hired to protect the Fort by the Marshal. These Troops cannot be transferred off the castle, and only serve as a defensive buffer to protect the castle from being conquered. They require Team Glory to hire and do not belong to any one player.
Chokepoint - a connector for travel between two different Regions.
- Visualized as a road which connects two Castles.
- Chokepoints are the only means to travel from one region to another.
Drawer (as in a cabinet drawer) - this is the world map UI which is used to manage Troop training and Primarch summoning, training, etc. It’s located in the bottom-left of the Atlas HUD.
Fog of War - Prevents vision of information of areas where you do not have a Primarch’s presence. You can only see the details of how many troops are in a place or how many resources are in a bank if you (or a teammate) have a Primarch at that area.
Fort - one of the upgradeable sub-buildings in a Castle.
- Allows management of Castle Guards, Castle Shields, and Free Passage
- Owning forts increases the daily Tribute a team earns, and the types of Tribute that are available.
- Team Glory and Castle Guards are shown here.
Free Passage - a list of teams which will not be blocked by Blockades. Managed by the Marshal of a Fort.
Glory - this is the equivalent of XP in Atlas, and is used to train your Primarchs and level up Dragon Riders
- Glory is only earned from killing an enemy’s Troops. The closer the fight, the more Glory you will earn. For example, a fight where both sides lose about the same number of troops will grant the most Glory, while one where an attacker greatly out-classes the other will not earn as much for the attacker. Pick on players your own size!
- No Glory is earned from attacking Poachers or Gold Mines
- Rider Glory is earned only for the player who initiated the attack--backers do not currently earn Glory
- Earning Glory for a Rider on defense requires the Rider’s Dragon to be equipped to a Dragon Perch while on defense.
Gold - earned by attacking poachers and gold mines. You currently get 30 bonus multipliers for gold each day. Like daily XP multipliers on dragons, these decrease with each successive attack. Use them all to earn a LOT of gold!
Governor - Has access to all of a castle’s functions. Can perform anything any other executor can perform, plus appoint executors and upgrade buildings. Appointed by the Team Leader.
Home - the Castle you have designated as your Home.
- Your Home must be a Castle your team owns or a neutral Castle.
- The Home designation can be changed at any time.
- When you collect troops which have finished training, they were show up at your home (or at a Primarch at your home, if your selected Primarch there when you collect the troops).
HQ (Headquarters) - one of the upgradeable sub-buildings in a Castle
- Determines the max level cap of other Infrastructure buildings on the castle.
- Infrastructure Storage can be accessed here.
- Upgrade your HQ(s) to earn more bonus XP for your dragons when you attack Mines!
Influence - Atlas's ranking team ranking system. Influence is a product of your team's total Troop count and the level of the castles your team owns.
Keystones - Blue diamond-shaped items earned from events that allow you to claim more items from the Atlas Bazaar.
Ledger - a player-visible record of all transactions modifying the team bank’s balance. There is a list of individual transactions and a weekly summary (totaled per player).
Lockdown - When a Primarch is currently occupying a Mine, Poacher, or Portal, that location is said to be “on lockdown”, and no enemy Primarchs can use its functions. You will need to clear off all enemies before the location’s regular functions can resume.
Marshal - The Fort’s executor. Can manage the local Free Passage list, Blockades, and Castle Shields.
Mine - a place which you can attack to earn Gold and Bonus XP.
Poacher - Packs of roaming bandits that are out in the world transporting crafting materials. There are a few of these in each region and they will travel across the region for a limited time. Each Poacher can be attacked a fixed number of times before it is defeated.
Primarch - a very large and powerful elder Dragon which can lead armies of Troops
- Primarchs are organized into a Tech Tree starting at Iron Tier, progressing up from there through Bronze, and then later tiers to be added in the future.
- Primarchs must be researched before they can be summoned, and can be leveled-up by players.
- This player-controlled unit can be moved around the map (it is the only kind of unit players can move around the map). When an Primarch has been summoned, we refer to the combined Primarch + Troops as an Army.
- Primarchs can fight each other and kill each other’s Troops.
- Troops must be assigned to Primarchs; if all the troops are killed or reassigned, the Primarch will fly away and have to be re-summoned by the player.
Region - a collection of Castles in a contiguous geographic space. Armies can move point-to-point anywhere in a region almost instantly, but cross-region travel through chokepoints takes a few minutes.
Research Tree - sometimes a variant of Tech Tree, but not the preferred usage since this terminology normally refers to the research building and tree in the core game.
Role - a collection of privileges granted to a player who is put in charge of a building on a particular Castle.
- A player may only hold one Role per Castle.
- A role-holder is also called the ‘Executor’
- Each infrastructure building has one Role
Safe Passage - Set by the Marshal, and allows specified teams to move unhindered through a Castle when traveling through.
- sometimes used interchangeably with the term Free Passage
Summon - the process for forming an Army by creating a new Primarch in the world (must be of some class the player has researched). A newly summoned Primarch starts with 1 Troop. You can add more troops to the Primarch before it finishes summoning, but you cannot move it until it is finished summoning.
Team Glory - Used by Marshals for hiring Castle Guards at the Fort. 1 Point of Team Glory is earned for your team for every 1 Point of Personal Glory you earn from killing enemy Troops. Your team's total Team Glory can be found in the Fort.
Tech Tree - similar to the research tree but used to unlock and train new Primarchs, review their stats, etc.
Tier - similar to Dragon color, but for Primarchs. Bronze > Iron > etc.
Tower - one of the upgradeable sub-buildings in a Castle.
- Grants bonuses to reduce Troop training time.
- Allows your team to use "Enfeeble", which reduces the tower levels of an attacker on your castle for a short period of time.
Tribute - Each day, every member of your team can collect a daily reward if you own at least one castle. Different Forts contribute up to three bonuses for Daily Tribute: Expedites (clocks), Troops, or Breeding Tokens. As long as your Forts contribute to the specific type of tribute, you can choose ONE of the tribute types to collect each day.
Troops - Primarchs will only fight for you as long as you give them an army. Troops are trained from the Drawer (at your Home). A fraction of troops which are killed may be revived for drastically less time and fewer resources. You can only have a limited number of revivable troops on hand at once; this number increases with level.
Vault - short for the Team Bank Vault. It’s a storage hut like area for storing resources. That is, it has space to store a finite amount of each resource type (like the core game silo, the limits for each resource type is completely separate from each other). Use the Vault to store gold to pay for Castle upgrades, Upkeep, or to protect food and wood from raids before a Fortification or Feeding event!